The templates for the system-generated emails sent during the hiring process are part of the Message Templates area of your Library. To make changes to a template so that it will be updated for every email sent by the system, you must have the proper permissions.
There are several types of messages available:
- Alerts – Alerts are sent to users of your hiring system to notify them of something new in the system, such as a new message or a new applicant.
- Applicant Messages – Applicant messages are sent to applicants or system users during the hiring process. Messages to applicants include acknowledging a submitted application, notice of a new message, or an invitation to a different job posting. Messages to system users include notification of an applicant’s withdrawal or an internal message.
- Interview Messages – Interview messages are sent to applicants or system users during the interview scheduling process. Messages to applicants include the interview requests, interview confirmations, etc. Messages to system users include notification of confirmed interviews. Please note, there is no email notification when an applicant declines an interview request.
- Processing – Processing messages are sent during applicant processing and include reference requests, offer letters, and hire notification messages.
- Registration Messages – Registration Messages are sent to new system users to enable them to access and register with the system and to existing users for a forgotten password.
- Rejection Messages – Rejection Messages are sent to applicants to let them know they will not be hired. You can include up to four standard messages from which users of your hiring system can select when rejecting a candidate.
- Reports – Report messages are sent to users to report data on postings and hiring.
- Test Initiation Messages – Test Initiation Messages are sent to applicants to request tests required during your hiring process, such as a background check, drug test, or assessment test. These primarily apply to systems using Integrated Services or special system settings.
How to Edit Message Templates
Go to the Library and click Message Templates.
Templates are organized by message type (Alerts, Applicant Messages, Interview Messages, etc.). You can drill-down within a message type to access a specific message by clicking the “>” next to the message.
Although it is possible to modify the verbiage for existing Message Templates, it is not possible to create custom/unique Message Templates or to modify the Title of existing templates.
Click Info () to view a message text or click Edit () to revise the message text.
Note: The information included in the ## symbols is automatically populated by the system when the email is sent, so be careful not to delete that information. Any documents attached to a message template will automatically load any time the corresponding Message Template is loaded.