Your hiring system helps you schedule interviews with applicants, which helps eliminate “telephone and email tag” and save valuable time. When you are ready to schedule an interview with an applicant, you can select your available times and dates, and the system will offer these times to the applicant via email.
Scheduling an Interview
1. Click Schedule Interview within the Applicant File.
Note: If an interview request has been made, or if an interview has already been accepted/completed, this information displays below Schedule Interview (Interview 1 Requested, Interview 1 Results, etc.). You can click a specific interview request/result to access the details for that interview.
2. When scheduling an interview, you can select the following options:
- “What type of interview” Select “phone” or “on-site.”
- “Who will be conducting the interview?” This option defaults to “me,” but you can select “someone else” and then select a name from the available list.
- “Where will the interview take place?” The location defaults to your company’s address, but you can click “Change” if you need to modify the location. On the “Change Location” dialog, you can select a different location from your library or create a new location.
3. To use the calendar to select an interview time:
- Select a date (click it in the calendar) and then select one or more times from the list. You can add as many day/time options as you want.
- Click the < or > to move to the previous or next month.
- Click “View my interview calendar” to open your calendar and find times that you have available.
- To remove a day/time you have selected, click the “X” next to that time slot. Please note, once an Interview Request has been sent, selected day/time slots cannot be removed.
4. The “Message” area at the bottom shows you the email that will be sent to the candidate. This email is populated automatically from pre-made system generated email templates that are saved in your library. You can review and/or edit the text of the email as needed.
5. You can attach files to the email as well, such as additional details about the job, company guidelines/standards, additional pre-employment questions or forms, etc. Click the “Choose File” button and then browse and select the file or files.
6. When you have finished, click “Send Request” to send the email to the candidate.
Note: Once you have sent an interview request, the information is added to your Interview Calendar.
Reviewing and/or Modifying an Interview Request or Results:
1. Click the interview below Schedule Interview within the Applicant File (for example, “Interview 1 Requested,” “Interview 1 Results,” etc.).
2. The “Interview Details” section displays the information for the interview request, including the type of interview (phone or on-site, including the location), the dates/times offered, and the name of the interviewing manager.
3. If the interview request is pending, you can remove any of the dates/times offered by clicking the “X” next to the “Offered Date and Time.” Otherwise, if the applicant has selected an interview date/time, it displays here with a “Confirmed” status.
4. You can add or review any notes associated with the references by clicking Notes at the top.