Once activated, the EMP Trust HR system provides users with Electronic Onboarding, Form I-9 Management, and E-Verify Case Management services that are fully integrated into the ATS.
This one-time setup involves three steps: 1) Activate Service; 2) Authorize Users; and 3) Assign Packages. Once these steps are completed, follow the User Guide (below) to initiate assessments and view assessment results in each applicant’s file.
Step #1 – Activate Service
To activate the EMP Trust integration, go to Admin > Integrated Services
Click Onboarding and then click EMP Trust Learn More.
After the client enters into an EMP Trust agreement, EMP Trust will provide the client with a ‘customer code’. That code is to be used to activate the EMP Trust integration by clicking Activation (top right). Enter the code and click Submit.
Step #2 – Authorize Users and Permissions
There are three areas of the system that control authorizations and permissions of the EMP Trust integration:
1.) Admin > Authorizations > Onboarding - this controls whether or not users can assign packages to locations and positions via Admin > Organization. Check the users that you want to give authorizations to and then click Update at the bottom of the page.
2.) User Roles > Applicant Processing > Initiate Onboarding - turning this switch ON allows this user role to initiate onboarding after an applicant is hired. If this switch is OFF, users will not be prompted to initiated onboarding after a hire action is completed.
3.) User Roles > Visibility > Onboarding - turning this switch ON allows this user role to access the Onboarding tab located within the applicant file. See the Onboarding Tab section below to learn more.
Step #3 – Assigning Packages
Before onboarding can be initiated for hired applicants, an onboarding package must be assigned to either a location in your organization or to a specific position. These packages (company documents, state tax forms, federal forms, etc.) will be sent to each new hire via a link in an email that is sent from within the Onboarding section of the applicant file. There are two ways you can assign packages to positions:
Admin > Organization
1. Go to Admin > Organization and click the name of a location within your organization.
2. Click Add/Edit in the Electronic Forms section.
3. Select the package and then click Save. The package will be automatically added to each position within that location. (Note: The package will also be added to any child locations that may reside under your selected location.)
4. If you want to add packages for a specific position within a location, click the name of the position and then click Add/Edit in the Electronic Forms section. When you select the package and click Save, they are only added to that one specific position.
Template / Position
1. Go to My Positions and select the checkbox next to an unposted position in the list and click Take Action > Edit.
2. You can review/edit any of the content on the first page of the position or click Save & Continue to proceed directly to the next page where you can add a package to this position. Click the + next to Electronic Forms to move it to the Selected Elements list and then click Save & Continue.
3. On the next page, under the Electronic Forms section, you will see a list of all available packages. Select the package you wish to use and then click Save & Continue to move to the final review page and then click Save to save your changes. The package added to this position will be sent to every applicant you hire for this position when you initiate the onboarding process.
To begin the onboarding process, first click Hire in an applicant’s file. You can review/edit the standard email and/or attach any other documents/files to send to the new hire and then click Send. Once you have hired the applicant you will be asked if you want to initiate onboarding. Click Yes to send the assigned package to the new hire in the form of an email that includes a link to the required onboarding documents, which the new hire can complete and submit online.
If you are not yet ready to begin, simply click Not Now and you can return to the applicant file to initiate onboarding at a later time.
At any time during the onboarding process, you can view the status of the onboarding forms each new hire is required to complete. To view the status, click the Onboarding tab in the applicant file.
Once the new hire has completed all of their forms their Last Action status will change to “Forms Complete.”