Integrated pre-employment assessments with Criteria Corp are available directly through the hiring system. Criteria Corp provides customized aptitude, personality, and skills tests for more than 400 jobs. These assessments generally range from 15-40 minutes in length and the results can be used to filter large applicant pools and screen out applicants who don’t meet the minimum requirements.
There are two types of integrations available with Criteria Corp: Subscription or Pay Per Assessment (PPA).
With a Subscription, you can pay a flat annual fee to Criteria and utilize as many tests as your company needs across all positions. Pricing for the Subscription model is based upon the number of employees your company has.
To turn either integration on, go to Admin > Integrated Services. Then, click on the Assessments tab and you will be able to read about both options Criteria offers by clicking on Learn More.
You will need to contact your dedicated account manager to activate the integration. Once you have been provided with the Activation Code, you can turn the integration on by click on the Activation toggle, adding the code, and clicking submit.
Note: Regarding your integration options, each account can only have one of the two integration types activated at any given time – you can either have Subscription activated or you can have PPA activated.
How Criteria Corp (Subscription) Works:
Once you have activated your Criteria Subscription, you can administer the Assessments to applicants in one of two ways 1) As part of the application process and 2) for selected applicants that have already submitted an application. Since your Criteria Subscription gives you as many assessments as needed, clients often find that including the assessment as part of the initial application process gives the company a better overall picture of all incoming applicants.
To turn assessments on as part of the application process:
1. First, add the “Assessment” as an included Position Element to the desired Position Template. You do so by going to Library > Position Templates. Find the Position Template you want to add the Assessment to and edit that template.
2. Once you are editing the position, you will get to the “Add Position Element” screen. From there, you can click on the “+” next to the Assessments row in the Available Elements column. By clicking “+” it will move the Assessments into the Selected Elements Column.
3. When you proceed to the “Fill in Content” section of the Position Template, you will then be able to see that the test battery/assessment has been included in this template.
4. Once you have added the Assessment as a Position Element and posted the position, it is now part of the application process for any incoming applicants. Applicants will take the assessment in real-time and upon application submission, results display directly in the applicant file for review.
NOTE: The Criteria system will automatically match the available assessments to the job title you are using. If there is a match, it will indicate such (see above image under Step 3). If there is not a match, you will need to contact Customer Support. If you created a custom battery in your Criteria/Hire Select account, you can give the custom battery the same title as the job you want to use it within the system. As long as the job title in Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and the battery title in Criteria are identical, they will automatically be paired together.
To administer assessments on a by-applicant basis (after they’ve already applied):
First, go into the applicant’s file, and click on “Assessment Test”.
The system will automatically match the available assessment(s) to the job title you are evaluating and display the match. Select the assessment and click to confirm your selection and to agree to Criteria’s terms and conditions. Once you click on “Continue” the applicant will be sent a link to the Assessment and the applicant file will be updated with “Assessment 1 Requested”.
Once the applicant has completed the Assessment, the applicant’s file will change to inform you that the Assessment has been received. It will also automatically deposit the results of the Assessment directly into the applicant’s file for your review. You can click on the “View” links to review each result.
1. Only the Primary Contact can activate Criteria.
2. The Primary Contact can also determine which Users can initiate and view Assessments Results by using the Authorizations feature.
3. There is no integration charge to utilize this feature, the only additional charge will be the Subscription fee paid to Criteria.