Requisitions is an advanced system setting requiring subordinate User Roles to obtain permission from authorized management User Roles before Posting a position.
When activated, the Requisition feature requires subordinate users to obtain permission from one (or more) approving officials in order to Post a position. Upon attempting to Post a position, a subordinate user will be guided through a series of requisition-creating steps. Once submitted, this automated workflow will present the requisition to an approving official who may approve, deny, or approve and forward the requisition to another approving official for final approval.
The system supports any number of approving officials, as each approver has the ability to forward the request to another approver.
Step 1: Activation
Activation of this feature is limited to the primary account user i.e., the ‘Keyholder’. The Keyholder is also the only user who has the authority to add users as approving officials.
To activate go to Admin > Settings > System Settings. Click the Requisitions toggle switch to the 'ON' position, scroll to the bottom and click "Save Settings," then click "Leave." When scrolling back up, you will see the red disclaimer text "Setting Updated Successfully."
Step 2: Authorizations
Once this feature is activated, the Keyholder may add approving officials by going to Admin > Authorizations > Requisitions, selecting one or more users by checking the box next to their name, and by clicking Update at the bottom of the page.
Step 3: Using Requisitions
When a subordinate user attempts to post a position, s/he will be guided through a page that details the request, requiring a variety of relevant information to be completed.
Upon submitting the request, the position’s status will change to ‘Requisition Pending’ and the requisition will flow to the approving official. Any/all users with access to the position may view the status at any time by clicking on the requisition status indicator.
Upon submission of the requisition, the approving official receives an email notification containing a link in to take action on the request. After clicking the link, the approving official is taken to the ‘Requisitions’ tab in My Positions where they can click 'View'.
The approving official will then have the following options:
- Preview Position - The position may be previewed (but not edited) in a new window.
- Approve Requisition - Upon approval, an email notification is to the initiator informing him/her the position is approved and may be posted.
- Approve and Forward Requisition - This enables the approving official to approve the requisition and forward the request to another approving official for additional/final approval. The initiator will receive an email notification of this action.
- Deny Requisition - This action will send a denial notification to the initiator.
Note: If a requisition is denied, any user with access to that position can close the requisition by going to My Positions > Selecting the position > Take Action > Close Requisition.
- Once approved, all users with access to the position may post it on the My Positions tab.
- Only approving officials have access to the Requisitions tab under My Positions.