Once you have made a decision regarding a candidate, you can send them a standard rejection email to let them know that they are no longer being considered for the position.
- Click “Reject” in the Applicant File.
- Select your Disposition Code (reason for Rejecting - applicant does not see this).
- Select the message that you want to send to the applicant.
Note: The messages that are available are determined by your system administrator. You may have only one standard email to use or up to three additional rejection emails.
- Once you have selected the rejection message you want to send, the message area at the bottom shows you the email that will be sent to the candidate. This email is populated automatically from pre-made system generated email templates that are saved in your library. You can review and/or edit the text of the email as needed.
- Click “Send” to send the email to the candidate. (You can click “Reject Without Sending Email” as an alternative and the candidate is not aware of any change in application status.)
- The candidate will receive the email you sent (if you elected to send one) and will be moved from the active candidates. See Archived or Non-Active Applicants for more information.
- You can add or review any “Notes” for the candidate and/or the reason why you are rejecting them.