The Archive tab is designed to house all previously Posted positions AND all candidates who applied to the positions while they were available. The Archive is therefore your hiring system's permanent record of all positions and applicants.
To reach your Archive, click the My Positions tab and to the right you will see the Archive Tab. A common reason why you will use the Archive will be to retrieve applicants if you unposted a position. Applicants in the Archive work similarly to applicants under the live postings in the "My Positions" tab. You can click on a position in the Archive to see the overview of how applicants stack up against one another.
Note: Unpositing a position automatically moves it over to your Archive, so next extra action is needed. Archived positions and applicants cannot be removed for deleted, so they are always available for use/review. If viewing an Archived applicant in Talent, red disclaimer text will appear near their name to clarify they belong to a position which is no longer active.
Remember, all the actions that you would take under the My Positions tab can be taken in the Archive. You can view an applicant profile, their hard and soft skills, responses to virtual interview questions, request an interview, verify references, hire and reject.
Archive and "Use as Template" Option
If you wish to recruit for a position you no longer have in your Library because it may have been accidentally deleted or modified, it is possible to make a carbon copy of any previously Posted position by going to your Archive and using the "Use as Template" option:
- Click on the "My Positions" tab
- On the right side of My Positions, click on the "Archive" tab
- Within the Archive, place a check mark next to the template you'd like to make a copy
- With your position checked, click "Take Action" then "Use as Template"
- Answer "Yes" to the pop-up question "Are you sure to use as template selected record(s)?"
- A copy will be made in your Library by the exact same position title, but updated ID number (it will be much higher, as it is newer)
- You may then Edit the template further if needed, move to a different folder or Assign to any needed Locations, then Post. If you have a hard time finding your new template, expand all folders and use CTRL+F which brings up the "Find" window to search by title
You may need to review all folders to see where the copy gets placed, but the ID number is much higher. Most of the time it'll end up back in the "Imported from Community Library" folder, but if you built one from scratch, it could be in whichever folder you saved it in initially (or not in a folder at all).
Note: if you already have the same position template in your Library, there's no need to make a copy from your Archive (unless you know you want that specific previous version of the position). Simply Assign your position from your Library, then Post on the My Positions tab.